||A Mouth Watering Fantasy
by Jan McLean, Peter Hill, Neil Jackson & Doug Williams
The Smartees meet every Friday night at their Choc A Block Clubhouse to honour chocolate by consuming large quantities and playing The Chocolate Game. On this particular Friday, their traditions are thwarted by what turns out to be a world wide shortage of the creamy, sweet stuff. How can this be?!? They resolve to solve the mystery of the missing chocolate. Using all the power of modern technology they discover that even this catastrophe can be blamed on El Niņo. However, that discovery almost leads to a life of slavery harvesting cocoa beans in Cococabeana. Only an appeal to the international media saves both the Smartees and the world from a life without chocolate.
Read Scene 1 here.
(PDF: download or read on screen)
Production Pack includes:
- Script and lyrics
- Music score if required
- High quality digitally arranged performance tracks as MP3
- Vocal rehearsal tracks as MP3
- Sound effects tracks as MP3
- Permission to reproduce as necessary for cast and crew
What they say about Choc A Block
- It all went very well thank you, the kids did a fantastic job and the flux capacitor was very impressive!
Waverley Meadows Primary School
- Choc A Block was a very child-orientated production. The show has many funny punchlines for the audience and has great visual opportunities for colourful costumes and set designs ... without drawing away from the true stars of the show, the children!
It was thoroughly enjoyable to put on as a show and thoroughly enjoyable to watch.
Pukete School, New Zealand
- Our performance of your show has been outstanding and we have our last performance tonight. The children loved receiving your Good Luck fax the other day, it was really appreciated. Thank you for such a wonderful show, I will be in contact in another 2 years for our next production.
Te Mata School, New Zealand
- Our show went really well. The kids loved being a part of it and the parents really enjoyed the performance!!
Nexus International School, Malaysia
- We thoroughly enjoyed Choc A Block. It is a really enjoyable musical with toe tapping songs and a whole lot of fun involved. Our cast of 2009 has achieved a lovely sense of teamwork and they have all grown immensely in their ability to focus and immerse themselves in their characters.
Thank you all at Upstage Productions ... writers, musicians, the administration team ... it was a positive and happy experience to work with another one of your musicals. I truly admire the sense of fun your writers put into their musical works!
St. Thomas More's School
- Thank you the show was GREAT!
Croton Children's Theatre, New York State
- Thank you so much for writing such a great musical. Choc A Block was a hit!
Templeton Primary School
- We enjoyed the production immensely. The music was upbeat and lively and the script appropriate.
Albert Street Primary School
- I would like thank you and your production team for a great show that the children thoroughly enjoyed. We had three very successful shows over three nights to sell out audiences and the feedback since has been most positive and congratulatory.
As director I found Choc A Block to be very well suited to children of primary school age. The songs were great and allowed for some very creative choreography. The story line was also well suited to our children with ample scope for leads of a variety of ages.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working on this show and I congratulate you and your production team on producing such high quality material.
Horsham West Primary School
Move on to: