Drawing by Rob Mullarvey
|A Wag of a Tale
by Jan McLean, Peter Hill, Neil Jackson & Doug Williams
Dr. Wolfgang Offenbach returns to the planet Sirius (The Dog Star) with another load of earth children destined to be the pets of the Starions, who are highly evolved dog-like creatures. Unfortunately he forgets to bring one for the great film star Madogga, so she leaves with him on another trek to make sure the job is done properly. Wolfgang uses an old mansion as his nerve centre on earth and eventually finds a suitable pet for Madogga. She shows that Starions may be 'human' after all. Everyone returns to Sirius with unexpected results.
Read Scene 1 here.
(PDF: download or read on screen)
Production Pack includes:
- Script and lyrics
- Music score if required
- High quality digitally arranged performance tracks as MP3
- Vocal rehearsal tracks as MP3
- Sound effects tracks as MP3
- Permission to reproduce as necessary for cast and crew
What they say about Doggone Crazy
- Doggone Crazy was reviewed in The SMA Bulletin with MusicWorld, Summer 2014, No. 185, published by The Schools Music Association, UK. The Schools Music Association is part of the Incorporated Society of Musicians.
- Doggone Crazy was a wonderful success. The children greatly appreciated the fax on the day of our performance. Thanks to everyone involved.
Templeton Primary School
- Thank you so much for Doggone Crazy! We had a blast doing it and the kids were great. One little girl ('Snarl') wrote me a card saying
PS: I don't think you could have chosen a better play!.
They loved all the songs and the parents were delighted.
You folks are so creative and funny. It was a real pleasure.
- A little, tiny boy in the audience kept clapping his hands and yelling Yay doggies!! in all the quiet moments!
- A good-looking male counsellor thrilled the girls by remarking after a rehearsal that Madogga & the Puppettes should hook up with him later. Wink! Wink!
Idyllwild Arts Summer Program, California
Nica Statman, Age 11
Move on to: